Applying for primary school
If you would like your child to attend Sybourn Primary School, visit the Waltham Forest Admissions webpage for more information.
If you have any problems with or concerns about the application process:
Primary admissions for September 2019 intake
If your child was born between 1st September 2014 and 31st August 2015, they will be due to start Reception in September 2019. Even if your child currently attends a nursery attached to a school or has a sibling already at the school you must apply for a Reception place.
The closing date for the September 2019 intake is 15th January 2019.
Secondary school transfers
Before making the application:
- Read the Starting Secondary Schools brochure available on the Waltham Forest Website
- Contact other authorities that you are interested in
- Contact schools and ask for a prospectus
- Look at the schools’ websites
- Find out if any of the schools require a supplementary information form (SIF) or Catholic Certificate of Practice (CCP)
- Read reports on the schools by OFSTED
- Go to the schools open evenings
Key points to be aware of:
- Try and get a realistic idea of whether your child will be offered a place. You can do this by
- Reading the admission criteria for each school (they are not all the same)
- Check the number of admissions made last year and how the places were allocated
- Read the prospectus to ensure that the school’s curriculum and aims suit the needs of your child
- Think about travel and possible costs
For information on our Nursery Admissions click here
Making your application
Online applications can be made for both secondary transfer and reception applications at: www.eadmissions.org.uk. Online is the preferred method of applying. Paper application forms are available on the Waltham Forest website.
Outcome of applications
National Offer Day takes place on 1st March for secondary transfer and 16 April for reception. You will receive an email on allocation date to let you know the results of your application. If you have submitted a paper application then you will be written to on this date. You will be told:
- The name of the school that your child has been offered a place.
- Applications for schools that were listed lower than the school offered will be withdrawn
- How to accept the offer that you have been given
- How to find out more about why your child was not offered a higher preference
- How to have your child's name added to a higher preference waiting list
- How the waiting list operates
- How to appeal